Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medicare Rebate for consultation and Breast lift

Elite Member
    Kalgoorlie
    Thanks

Default Medicare Rebate for consultation and Breast lift

I had a breast lift/augmentation done on 16th Sept (a month ago...wow that's gone so quick) and was told that I would get a rebate for the amount I paid for the consultation and also the breast lift. I would have thought that I would have received the rebates back by now....but Dr Dona's office has said I need to wait for medicare and they normally do them once a month so it may have been missed. So my question is, how long did you have to wait for rebates?
    Married 33 year old Mum of 5 kids, 168cms, 67kgs, Was deflated C cup...now 'perky'14DD. Dr Eddie Dona @ Kingsgrove Day Surgery- 520cc's hp, round, textured, under muscle 16/9/13

Perth
    Thanks

I took my receipts into the medicare office and got it back on the spot. If where ever I am offers to put it through for me I get them to and the money's back within 2 - 3 days
    1st ba 370cc anatomical overs
    2nd ba 360cc partial unders with full anchor lift
    3rd surgery manually released left muscle and lowered by 1cm, benelli lift on right side and removed breast tissue from that side to even out size
    *Planning a redo hoping for October*

Thanks

I had my consult with Dr Lee at 3pm in August then by 7pm that day Medicare had put money in my account
    Created an Instagram for my BA
    I couldn't recommend it enough

The ladies are wonderful and very supportive!
    No negativity, bitchiness or high school bullshit. It's not a competition.
    After all, we're all in this together. We're all going through the same thing.

Thanks

I claimed mine back by enduring a 20 min wait at Centrelink/Medicare and claiming - it was paid straight into my account.

BA Oct 9th, 6 months after lollipop lift (reduction on right side) & TT. 300cc smooth sub-fascial overs, mentor mod +

Moderate to severe CC diagnosed @ 4 months post BA. Revision with capsulectomy & new implants due around Oct 14.

Elite Member
    Kalgoorlie
    Thanks

I might go down to the medicare office this afternoon and find out what is happening. I didn't get a receipt for the consultation so I will find out if Dr Dona's office can send me one.
    Married 33 year old Mum of 5 kids, 168cms, 67kgs, Was deflated C cup...now 'perky'14DD. Dr Eddie Dona @ Kingsgrove Day Surgery- 520cc's hp, round, textured, under muscle 16/9/13

Elite Member
    Kalgoorlie
    Thanks

I just phoned the office....she is going to email me a copy of the receipt for the consultation. She said that the rebate for medicare normally takes 8-10 weeks. I wish they had of told me that in the beginning.

Thanks

That actually sounds pretty iffy. Generally, medicare doesn't cover cosmetic surgery. Private health insurance may, but usually only if medicare does their bit. If you had a referral from your GP (part 1 of the process), you may be in luck. It doesn't take 8-10 weeks though.
    If you paid upfront, you take the invoice to medicare and the refund goes in your account. If you haven't paid, the surgeon puts the invoice in and you pay the balance. Medicare works every day, too, not once a month.

Thanks

Is say TCI do a million BA and very few BL so are not particularly familiar with the Medicare system or are just a bit slack with it. What worries me in your case is that I'm pretty sure to be eligible photos have to be sent to Medicare for approval, have they done this? It's not a given that you'll get the rebate - there are eligibility criteria, and if TCI aren't holding up their end you could have trouble. Hope you're able to get it sorted.

BA Oct 9th, 6 months after lollipop lift (reduction on right side) & TT. 300cc smooth sub-fascial overs, mentor mod +

Moderate to severe CC diagnosed @ 4 months post BA. Revision with capsulectomy & new implants due around Oct 14.

Sydney
    Thanks

I got my consult refund $72 approx. within a day or 2 as they put it thru at the office that day. I was told there was no item number for the lift (you may have had special circumstances, I hope this is the casse if you are expecting a refund).
    46/167cm/67kg/Pre-Op 12B
    BA and Lift 24th Sept with Dr Jake Lim.
    400cc/round/textured/under muscle

Thanks

From memory the eligibility criteria are that your nipple must be below the crease and your youngest child must be between 1 & 7 years old. But the photos have to be sent away by your PS and approved by Medicare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast